Royal Red Shrimp Pasta
Yield 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound Florida royal red shrimp, or any kind of Florida shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 large Florida tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil pesto
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 pound whole wheat angel hair pasta, cooked
- Grated parmesan cheese as desired
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Cook garlic but don’t let it burn.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, lemon zest, and juice.
- Continue to cook sauce until it comes to a simmer.
- Add pesto and shrimp.
- Cook until the shrimp are almost done, watching them carefully.
- Add the baby spinach and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve sauce over warm cooked pasta, and garnish with parmesan cheese.