Florida Crab Linguini
FLORIDA CLAM LINGUINIYield 2 Servings
- 20 live Florida clams, rinsed
- 1 pound linguini pasta, cooked (8 ounces raw pasta = 1 pound cooked)
- 2 large Florida tomatoes, diced
- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped small
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons Cortez Bottarga, shaved (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs, toasted
- 1.2 teaspoon lemon zest, chopped fine
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the preheated pan.
- Carefully add the diced tomatoes and garlic to the pan. Cook tomatoes and garlic for two minutes. Season the tomatoes lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetable broth and whole clam to the tomato mixture.
- While the clams are cooking, combine the toasted panko bread crumbs, lemon zest, parmesan cheese, and two tablespoons of olive oil into a small mixing bowl. Stir bread crumb mixture to combine.
- Cook the clams until they start to open and add the cooked pasta to the pan. Lightly toss the ingredients to combine.
- Add the lemon juice and the basil to the clam pasta. Taste sauce and adjust seasoning lightly with salt and pepper.
- The clams should all be open and ready to serve. Discard any unopened clams.
- To serve, place an even amount of pasta in each bowl. Nestle the clams around the pasta. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the pasta. Drizzle the bread crumb mixture over the clams, and garnish with the Cortez Bottarga.